One of most positive things that Eclectic Christian has seen on the net has been bloggers working together to promote Christian Reconciliation. Over the past year and a half there have been eleven “Christian Reconciliation Carnivals” that have had submissions from bloggers promoting various ways that Christians can understand each other better.
Here are the rules and regulations for making a submission.
Each “carnival” has general interest submissions, carnival topic submissions, questions and answers, as well as respectful debates about various issues. Here is a listing of the past carnivals along with the primary carnival topic.
- Carnival #1 – The Strawman: Hosted by – Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength 01/31/2007
- Carnival #2 – The Church and Racial Reconciliation: Hosted by – Dr. Platypus; posts through 02/28/2007
- Carnival #3 – Defining the essentials: Hosted by – Pacesetters Bible School; posts through 03/31/2007
- Carnival #4 – What can we do to drive the ecumenical movement forward: Hosted by – Pseudo-Polymath: posts through 04/30/2007.
- Carnival #5 – Reading outside your own tradition: Hosted by – The Cross-Reference; posts through 05/31/2007.
- Carnival #6 – Politics, nationalism, and Christian unity: Hosted by – Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength; posts through 06/30/2007.
- Carnival #7 – Almost persuaded: Hosted by – Connected Christianity; posts through 08/05/2007.
- Carnival #8- Learning from cross-cultural/cross denominational Christian worship and practice: Hosted by – Proclaiming Softly; posts through 09/07/2007.
- Carnival #9 – What one thing does your church tradition contribute most to Christianity: Hosted by – Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength; posts through 10/21/2007.
- Carnival #10 – Early Christianity’s effect upon our reconciliation: Hosted by Hyperekperissou; posts through 12/19/2007.
- Carnival #11 – Reconciliation and Liturgical Time: Hosted by – Dr. Platypus; posts through 03/31/2008.